THIS IS NOT POETRY

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Evelyn

It’s been two years
Since I last saw your face & it was streaked with tears
Its been 3 days
Since newspapers
Brought light to my whispered fears

Evelyn, didn't you know
Psycho girls can't just wake up to be normal.
We never win didn't you hear?

Whoa Evelyn
Your scars hold on forever but your eyes are so far away
And oh Evelyn
We bled out together in the rain
Scabs and stains
So far away

Only four more
And my head hits the floor
I cannot face my fears this way
So now five times
We can’t change what’s past
But all of that comes last
(When I think of)

Evelyn I've always know,
Little girls can't just wake up to be angels 
We never win didn't you hear?

Whoa Evelyn
Your scars hold on forever but your eyes are so far away
And oh Evelyn
We bled out together in the rain
Scabs and stains
So far away



No comments:

Post a Comment